Photographs of Thorpe woodlands, their varied habitats, plantlife and wildlife all taken by friends and supporters. most taken between 2010 and 2013

Saturday 25 September 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...


The other day I had this lovely picture put through my door by the parent of a little girl who lives in our road. It's great to know that local people of all ages treasure Thorpe woodlands and care about their fate. I was also struck by the way she has managed to convey in her picture some of the key points about these woods and why they are so precious to us and those who live in them - the wildflowers and broadleaf trees with their nuts which feed the wildlife and create new saplings, along with the birds and fungi that flourish in this environment. I hope you find this as charming and heartening as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment